Monday, February 20, 2012

Creative inspiration and the kitchen chair cushion

Since stumbling across the site in December, I have spent many hours on Craftgawker. Not only do I like viewing user projects in a giant thumbnail grid, but I also enjoy the way the projects are sorted into categories. I found this tutorial for a quilted chair cushion in the quilt category and immediately wanted to make it for the chair in our kitchen. So after a visit to my favorite local quilting shop, I put together this lovely little cushion.

New cushion for our kitchen chair
I made my cushion a little smaller than the orignal pattern and opted not to do any top stitching. Overall I am quite happy with the way it turned out. If I were to make it again I would possibly make it a little larger and add a little more stuffing.

I anticipate that I will make many more projects with inspiration from craftgawker.

-Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment